RELIABILITY. PERFORMANCE. DEPENDABILITY.
PROVEN AGAIN AND AGAIN.
In 1947, the de Havilland Aircraft Company of Canada introduced the DHC-2 Beaver aircraft. They produced approximately 1600 before ceasing production in 1967. Known by some as the "workhorse of the north", the Beaver has been instrumental in the development of modern frontiers around the world. It is also the first single-engine utility aircraft to be turbine powered with de Havilland producing over 60 Turbo units before production ceased.
Viking became the exclusive manufacturer and distributor of de Havilland spare parts for the DHC-2 Beaver in 1983 when we acquired the original jigs and drawings for the aircraft from de Havilland Canada. We hold the Supplemental Type Approval (STA) / Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) for replacing the Pratt & Whitney (P&W) PT6A-20 engine with the P&W PT6A-27 engine and have completed certification to increase the Turbo Beaver’s "all-up" weight to 6000 lbs. These and other enhancements make the Viking Turbo Beaver a very desirable commercial aircraft.
The Viking Turbo Beaver has more power, better all-around performance, a longer cabin and larger payload than the Beaver from which it was developed. It benefits from over 40 years of continuous world wide operation. It is the most rugged and reliable aircraft in it’s category.
In landplane form, our Turbo Beaver operates from un-surfaced ground strips or forest clearings of three hundred metres (1,000 feet) in length. With fuel reserves, operating under Visual Flight Rules (VFR), it carries a load of about half a ton on practical stages for nearly 1,000 kilometres (about 600 statute miles). With Viking's 6,000 lb upgrade, the Turbo Beaver can haul 2,450 lbs of freight.
A cabin extension, providing for extra windows, a large baggage door and a cargo net, is also available in two different configurations from Viking. The Turbo Beaver can also be fitted with floats, amphibious gear or skis.
The Viking Turbo Beaver is versatile and may be adapted for agricultural spraying, dusting and seeding as well as in oilfield, mining, and industrial transportation applications.
Designed with maintenance in mind, a number of Turbo Beaver modifications make for quick turnaround and easy maintenance.
- Engine Model: Factory NEW PT6A-34 with full Pratt & Whitney Warranty
- Prop: Factory NEW Hartzell 3 Blade Reversing Paddle Prop with pitch latches
- Optional Equipment: Viking Air 6000 Lb. Hi-Gross Kit
- Viking Air PT6A-34 Engine Kit (680HP)
- NEW Extended Cabin Kit & Battery
- NEW Alaska Door
- NEW Life Time Wing Struts
- Wing Tip Tanks
- Tinted Overhead Windows
- Strobe System
- FACTORY NEW Wipline 6100 Amphib Floats
- 9 to 11 Place Seating
- All AD’s & Service Bulletins Complied With Three Point Shoulder Harness, Pilot & Co-Pilot
- NEW Viking Custom Instrument Panel
- NEW High Quality Paint
- NEW Wiring Harness, including Viking Cool Start Kit
- NEW Custom Interior
- Single or Dual Controls & Brakes
- Avionics: STEC System 50 Autopilot System
- STEC Electric Trim System
- GNS 530 Garmin GPS / NAV / COM
- GNS 430 Garmin GPS / NAV / COM
- GTX 327 Garmin Digital Transponder
- GMA 340 Garmin Audio
- KCS55A Compass System
- Shadin Mini-flow Fuel Mgt. System (LBS/Hour or USG/Hour)
- Volt/Ammeter Electronics International Digital Voltammeter
- Viking Air Digital Prop Position Indicating System
- Lake & Air Gear Advisory System
For more than 30 years, the Turbo Beaver has met, and continues to meet the challenges of demanding flying conditions on a daily basis.
The Turbo Beaver has a hard earned reputation as one of the most practical, versatile, rugged and reliable aircraft flying in the air today, whether it be operating on a corporate flight line or traveling to a favorite fishing hole.
Phone: (250) 656-7227