To support our growing operations, Viking Air Limited is commited to development of prospective employees through our “Viking Academy” targeted training sessions. The Viking Academy features:
- A 6-week paid training program,
- Course material that teaches aerospace manufacturing skills,
- Great wages, benefits & work environment, and
- No previous aircraft experience is required!
The “Viking Academy” is a six-week Viking-sponsored program designed to teach basic introductory sheet metal assembly skills. The curriculum includes both theoretical and practical instruction, providing graduates with the necessary knowledge and skill to begin their progression in the Sheetmetal Mechanic / Assembler classification at Viking Air Limited.
Topics of instruction include:
- Blueprint reading
Instruction & Location:
Instruction for Viking Academy is provided by qualified Viking Trainers. All instruction occurs at Viking’s Assembly Plant at the Victoria International Airport, located at 1959 de Havilland Way, Sidney B.C.
Viking covers all costs associated with the Viking Academy, and selected applicants will receive a training wage during the course of the six-week program. Permanent employment will only be offered to individuals who successfully complete the program.
Successful completion of the Program will be based on the demonstrated skill exhibited during course of the program and the results of a final exam that will be administered at the end of the six-week program. Attitude, punctuality and attendance during the Program will be also be prime considerations for successful completion of the program.
Who Should Apply:
Invitation to Viking Academy is based on the applicant’s previous work experience, an interview with Viking Management and the successful completion of a mechanical based comprehension test. You should apply to the program if you are:
- An individual with trades-related experience,
- A general labourer,
- A sheet metal apprentice,
- A career minded individual with a positive attitude and are interested in pursuing a career in aviation sheet metal assembly, and/or
- An individual that is prepared to work in an exciting fast paced, and at times physically demanding environment.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- 3-10 years working in a trades related profession
- Proficient in the use of hand and/or mechanical tools
- Ability to interpret blue prints or working drawings would be an asset
- High School Graduation