The Viking 400S Seaplane
The Viking 400S is specifically designed as an economical seaplane for commercial operations on short to medium flight segments. The standard 19-passenger aircraft can achieve a breakeven load factor of under 9 passengers under typical operating conditions.
The 400S is optimized for quick turnaround between cycles, incorporating double swing-out doors at the aft passenger entrance with access through the cabin to the rear baggage compartment for quick loading. An avionics-dedicated battery allows the cockpit screens to remain live during short turns. The 400S will be equipped with Seaplane floats that reduce the overall aircraft weight (when compared to Series 400 Twin Otters configured for complex utility or special mission operations). The weight savings allows the standard 400S to carry the recommended 17-passenger load 150 nautical miles with typical reserves!
|SFAR23 Takeoff and Landing Distances|
|Takeoff distance to 50 ft.||2,247 ft. (685 m)|
|Landing distance from 50 ft.||1,741 ft. (531 m)|
|ISA+10 Maximum Cruise Speeds, TAS|
|2,000 ft.||153 kt|
|4,000 ft.||154 kt|
|8,000 ft.||156.5 kt|
- Takeoff distances are based on both engines operating at takeoff power throughout. Takeoff and landing distances assume zero wind and calm water surface at sea level.
- Empty Weight target is 8,150 lbs. (3,697 kg.) and assumes a standard aircraft fitted with recommended 17 commuter seats.
- All performance numbers are given as ISA+10 conditions.
|Payload for 50 nm range||3,751 lbs. (1,705 kg.)|
|Payload for 100 nm range||3,533 lbs. (1,606 kg.)|
|Payload for 150 nm range||3,349 lbs. (1,522 kg.)|
|Payload for 200 nm range||3,143 lbs. (1,428 kg.)|
- Cruise at max cruise power at 8,000 ft. (2,438 m) for both 150 nm and 200 nm segments, and at 5,000 ft. (1,524 m) for both 50 nm and 100 nm segments.
- Climb at maximum power and descent at 500 feet/minute.
- Taxi, takeoff and landing fuel allowance of 25 lbs. (11 kg.).
- IFR fuel reserve of 220 lbs. (99kg.).
- Fuel consumption based on engine manufacturer's specification.
Find out more about the 400S
To discover how the optimized Twin Otter 400S can increase your commercial operation revenue, provide us with some details by clicking below and we will show you how.