As the OEM and exclusive manufacturer of factory-new spare parts for De Havilland DHC-2 & DHC-2T Turbo Beaver aircraft, Viking is focused on continuously evolving our support offerings and introducing modern options that improve operations and enhance the performance of our aircraft.
In cooperation with MT Propeller of Germany, we are pleased to announce that we now offer a four blade propeller installation STC for the DHC-2T Turbo Beaver. STC SA20-49 allows for the installation of MT Propeller’s four blade model* to improve take-off performance and ground clearance while reducing noise levels and offering the best vibration-dampening characteristics and weight-to-price ratio available on the market today.
Installation of the four blade MT propeller offers operators of DHC-2T Turbo Beavers improvements in the following areas:
- Enhancement of take-off distance, climb & cruise performance,
- Reduction of vibration damping characteristics to the best on the market,
- Cooling of ITTs during engine start up,
- Significant reduction of interior & exterior noise levels, and
- Extension to unlimited blade life, providing significant value for operations in marine environments.
*Installation of a MT Propeller (Model MTV-16-1-E-C-F-R(P)/CFR240-55) is limited to DHC-2 MKIII aircraft equipped with PT6A-27 or -34 engine installed per STC SA87-33.