The De Havilland Twin Otter made history on May 20, 1965 with its inaugural flight, marking a new era for general aviation operations around the world. Since then Twin Otter aircraft have seen many modifications introduced to accommodate operators requirements, whether it be installing skis to access remote polar regions, converting interiors to provide essential medevac service to rural communities, or enhancing passenger experience with luxury internal accessories.
Continuing the tradition of developing customized modifications to satisfy the needs of operators, Viking now offers an after-market aft lavatory option for Series 400 Twin Otter aircraft*.
The lavatory is installed in the left rear of the aircraft cabin forward the 332 bulkhead with the left & center bulkhead-mounted seats removed. Designed to be easily installed and removed for flexible cabin configurations, the lavatory kit features a cartridge style toilet and is available in different weight options. Additional details include:
- Installation requires only minor modification to the tertiary structure
- Minimal disruption to cabin layout and does not impede passenger loading
- Different lavatory weight options available:
- Lightest lavatory option total weight = 59.7lbs / exchange weight = 26.9lbs
- Standard option total weight = 65.2lbs / exchange weight = 32.0lbs
- Easily removed for alternate cabin configuration
- Easily serviced through left-hand Aft Swing Door
- Installation services available through Viking Technical Services
*Note: Lavatory kit is installed in accordance with Viking STC SA19-108 certified by Transport Canada. Operators may be responsible for certification and/or familiarization requirements with their governing regulator.