Operators will now have a new aftermarket option for taking advantage of airspace enhancements while adding the many other benefits of Collins Aerospace Pro Line Fusion®. Details about the new features provided, along with technical specifications of the avionic suite core configuration and proposed options can be found in the overview brochure.
Avionics Upgrade Program (AUP)
The objective of the Avionics Upgrade Program (AUP) is to incorporate modernized technologies in communications, navigation, surveillance and air traffic management functionality in an integrated platform that will provide longevity for the Canadair CL-215T and CL-415 fleet.
Viking recognizes the growing need to upgrade avionics to meet current technical and air traffic requirements while addressing new operational requirements over a 25+ year horizon. With over 100 global operators of Canadair amphibious aircraft, this upgrade is crucial in developing a supportable avionics platform that not only addresses issues inherent with aging aircraft, but provides seamless interoperability and maintainability options for future fleet expansion.
Why Upgrade with Viking?
Certified and Experienced: You’re in Good Hands.
With over 40 years of experience providing aircraft support services, Viking is the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Type Certificate holder for the Canadair CL-215, CL-215T, CL-415, CL-415MP and CL-415EAF “Enhanced Aerial Firefighter” amphibious aircraft fleet. Viking provides the best solutions to satisfy CL operators’ needs, with a comprehensive avionics upgrade program that includes certification and installation.
The AUP Solution
- Is a standardized, advanced, integrated digital solution,
- Is based on a scalable system that will support current and future requirements without major re-design or recertification efforts,
- Is FAR/Part 25-certified,
- Is comprised of Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) components for commonality with several modern platforms, and
- Is designed to be available, maintainable and supportable over a 25+ year horizon.
In addition to the core avionics configuration, Viking's AUP provides flexible architecture that allows operators to incorporate or enable additional optional features based on their specific operational requirements, including:
- AutoPilot (AP)
- Latitude Ionode (flight monitoring)
- Dual Radio Altimeter
- Dual Transponder Mode S
- SATCOM-Iridium – Datalink Only
- SATCOM-Iridium – Datalink and Voice
- Weather Radar (WxR)
- FM radio - Voice
- Direction Finder
- Flight Data Recorder (FDR)
- Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR)
- FLIR Video display
- Dual Navaids (ADF/ /DME)
- HF Radio - Voice
- FM/UHF Radio – Voice
- UHF Radio – Voice
- VHF Radio – Data Link (VDL Mode 2)
- Datalink: Link 2000+/ FanS1/A+/ATN B1/CPDLC/ACARS
- Automated Flight Information Reporting System
- Advanced Digital Moving Map
- C4 Airborne System
Want to Know More About the Viking Avionics Upgrade Program (AUP)?
Viking recognizes the growing need to upgrade Canadair Aerial Firefighters with an avionics suite that addresses component obsolescence and meets new technical and regulatory requirements.
To find out more on how Viking’s AUP program satisfies your Canadair operational requirements, please fill out the form below to contact a representative.