Date of Posting: January 4, 2012
Position: Plant Manager
Location: Calgary, AB
Number of Positions Available: 1
Summary of Functions:
The Plant Manager will lead the company’s Calgary, AB based final assembly and flight center through its next phase of growth to become recognized as a world-class leader in Aerospace manufacturing.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Organizational Development: The Plant Manager must develop the organization to its full potential while keeping personnel motivated and productive. The Plant Manager must also assess the organization and conduct succession planning.
- Site Management: The Plant Manager must evaluate and improve policies and procedures as needed to continue the structured accountability amongst the management staff. Conduct weekly operational reviews to monitor group’s performance using established metrics. Maintain and implement programs that will insure a high level of employee health and safety.
- Management by Metrics: The Plant Manager must provide top-down leadership and provide a rigorous approach to management by metrics. This will include mentoring the sites functional leaders on adopting a more rigorous approach to achieve continuous improvement.
- Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement: The Plant Manager must fully support and implement continued implementation of lean practices. Lean manufacturing initiatives including 5S, visual management tools, Kanbans, Pull Systems, WIP reduction, Waste reduction, and development of standardized processes.
- Budgeting and Financial Performance: The Plant Manager must work with Executive Vice President of Operations and CFO to maintain the company’s stable financials and make financially sound, well-supported decisions. Support development and execution of yearly business plan, compile monthly manufacturing performance report for review by the corporate officers.
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree is required (Engineering, Finance, or Business Management preferred).
- Graduate degree is considered an asset
- Must have held the title of General Manager, Operations Manager or Director, Engineering Manager, or the equivalent and have at least ten years of increasingly responsible senior-level management working with aerospace products.
- Experience with companies performing final assembly and flight of aerospace products is preferred.
- Must be very comfortable in an environment with high utilization of ERP / MRP.
Anyone interested in applying for the above position, should submit their name and resume to the Human Resources Department.