Date of Posting: July 6, 2011
Position: Avionics Technician
Department: Manufacturing Final Assembly
Number of Positions Available: Multiple
Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Competent to perform electrical wire installation tasks under the supervision of a licensed Avionics Technician in a manufacturing production environment.
- Be responsible to their assigned Supervisor and have ability to take direction verbally and through printed media;
- Basic knowledge of Standard Wiring Practices and Avionics Systems; Accurately interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, wiring diagrams, system schematics, engineering orders, test documents, manufacturer’s installation manuals. Have a basic understanding of other aircraft systems i.e. Hydraulic, flight controls, etc. and major components
- Dismantle, inspect, record discrepancies, recommend and record methods of repair;
- Repair, fabricate parts and components; fabricate per drawings and standard practices wire bundles and assemblies to include marking of wires, properly securing wires into bundles, and termination of wires into a variety of contacts and connectors
- Install, rig and carry out all other mechanical and structural functions and test in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications; this is more a mechanical responsibility
- Ensure that all applicable standards of airworthiness are met;
- Maintain a clean work area, and alert the Supervisor of any safety concerns; Take immediate action or report immediately any unsafe conditions
- Responsible for ensuring both accuracy and traceability of parts removed or installed on Aircraft;
- Perform other work as assigned.
- Willing to work shift work.
- Properly utilize Avionics test equipment to perform systems tests. Properly utilize and maintain Avionics hand tools to perform installations and repairs
- Safely operate ground support equipment, ie. Power carts, lifts (when properly trained), etc. as required
Qualifications/Experience or Additional Experience:
- Shall hold or working towards a current AME “E” Transport Canada license or related experience;
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic;
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Able to work effectively independently and as part of a team;
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Internet;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
Interested applicants should submit their covering letter and resume to the Human Resources Department via email@example.com We thank all candidates for their interest in this position, however only those in consideration will be contacted.