Date of Posting: September 25, 2012
Position: Quality Engineer
Location: Calgary, AB
Number of Positions Available: 1
Summary of Functions:
Perfrom data analysis to detect trends on product quality, including NCR and COPQ trends. Lead the root casue analysis of major issues that affect product quality. Develop implementation and continually improve the inspection processes (incoming, in process and final inspection) Develop and implement the First Article Imspection Process, as well as inspection plans. Perfom the correspoinding QE section of the design process including design planning, design review, design verification and validation, and provide reports. Validate and approve major production process changes. Perfrom assigned corrective actions and initiated preventative actions for system/process inefficiencies that may affect product quality.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, implementation and continuallly improve the inspection processes (incoming, in process and final inspection)
- Liaise with Methods Engineering, Design Engineering and Supply Chain to develop resolutions and implement root cause corrective actions to technical or quality problems.
- Perform Data analysis to detect trends on relevant quality metrics including NC.
- Develop and maintain the process for QE contract review
- Calculate and monitor COPQ (Cost of poor quality), present reports and invetigate Root Casue of major contributors.
- Develop, implement, improve and monitor First Article Inspection process
- Develop and maintain the process for QE design review, including design planning, verification, and validation
- Perform investigation related to corrective actions including root cause analysis of significant product quality problems, NCR and Vendor related
- Initiate preventive action to improve process and/or product quality in accordance with company’s procedures.
- Review documents that affect product quality; participate in approval process on behalf of quality department
Experience and/or Educational Requirements:
- B.Sc. or equivalent in an engineering discipline (Licensed with 5+ years of experience in Aerospace industry, and manufacturing will be considered)
- Professional Engineering license preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in aerospace quality control/assurance with progressively increasing levels of responsibility and demonstrated leadership roles
- Previous MRB experience strongly preferred
- Previous manufacturing experience is a must
- Conversant with the Canadian Aviation Regulations CAR 561, 563, 673, 523 desirable
- Previous experience with ISO9000 or AS9100 approval organizations
- Certified Quality Engineer, ASQ or equivalent desirable
- Superior ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Excellent dimensional and metrology skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good decision making skills
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with cross functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision and direction
Anyone interested in applying for the above position, should submit their name and resume to the Human Resources Department to email@example.com.